Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Homemade Speaker Grill and General Bling

While I'm looking for speakers to stick in this empty 2X12 cabinet I decided to try and clean the nasty thing up and replace the smashed up speaker grill.  It's been pouring rain for two days so I didn't fell like leaving to round up supplies - luckily I was able to scavenge up enough random stuff around the house to improvise.
This old silkscreen frame saved me the hassle of trying to build one, which probably would've been particle board or something anyway.
I could've bought some fancy basket-weave or something but this random skirt works in a pinch.  Don't mind the weird stains or erratic staple job.

A little velcro, and some scrubbing and repairs to the tolex...
Because I am classy, I enameled the rusty corners in gold.
Not bad, or at least less bad.  Those weird streaks are the drying fabric stiffener ("Stiffy" brand, even).  Maybe I'll paint something on it.  Now all I need is some speakers...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...